Little Hipster Douchebag...

sucking on his own fingers, declares great economist to be over-rated.

UPDATE: I seriously considered taking down this post, which I made in anger: had I gone over the top?

But thinking it over, I decided, no. To post what Yglesias did on the day of a man's death is simply awful. If you want to wait a few weeks and post a serious analysis of how you think Buchanan was over-rated, that's one thing. But on the day of his death, to simply take a pot shot at him? Truly, truly dreadful.

Comments

  1. I love it when you talk dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:16 AM

      I literally did laugh out loud.

      Delete
  2. You realize that Gene, Bob, Joeseph, DK, and I all agree here. Maybe the Mayans were just a few weeks off ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:39 PM

      I would view that more as a beginning than an end to things. Maybe the Mayans were predicting a new age.

      Delete
  3. Concerning academic work produced by ideological opponents, I imagine that journalists are almost always experiencing the illusion of explanatory depth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calling someone as revered as Buchanan "overrated" is actually a pretty modest claim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:32 AM

    My initial reaction was that you were being a bit too harsh. But then I remembered that I absolutely despise Yglesias, that he was commenting on a man that actually *has* contributed something to the social sciences (unlike Yglesias), and from his comments on DK's blog it was clear that he saw nothing wrong with what he did.

    Plus, the wording that you used was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. re update: Yes, Yglesias's tweet had a triumphal fist pumping feel to it: "finally" or "at last we're rid of that one." You were nowhere near the top, much less over it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness