News

Loading...

Thursday, October 21, 2004

All Available Doors

* I was on the tube a couple of days ago, when a voice came over the PA and said, "This train is quite crowded. When exiting, please use all available doors."

I know how to use one door or another to get off the train, but I froze in puzzlement as to how I could use "all available doors" to get off. It was six stops past mine before I just punted and used the one nearest to me.

* And I was looking forward to having tons of yummy English muffins when I got over here, but I haven't seen one! Have the English sold all of theirs to the states?

6 comments:

  1. Gene: Try looking for crumpets/scones['scon' not 'scohn']/baps/pikelets. 'English muffins' are really American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Gene: 'English muffins' are actually American. Try looking for: crumpets/scones/baps/pikelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:48 PM

    I bet sitting "in" the tube next time will
    be more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I knew English muffins were American: It was a joke.

    But I guess not a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: Try writing "with" sarcasm next time -- it will be funnier than "near" sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:25 AM

    The article is so wonderful that I want to write something about myself.
    According to the agreement of the game, I should get the Scions Of Fate gold to go into the world of the game and SOF gold is sold by some companies. The Scions Of Fate money is not free and it will take some money to own the cheap SOF gold. To my lucky, my friends buy sof gold for me.

    ReplyDelete