Okay I Finally Get It

For some time now I have thought Shakespeare was overrated. It's not that I thought he was terrible, just overrated. But I at least had the humility to defer to people like Joseph Sobran whom I greatly respect; as with poetry, I conceded that I "just don't get it."

But now that we've watched Merchant of Venice with an absolutely fantastic performance by Al Pacino as Shylock, I get it. Shakespeare is the man.

(Incidentally, for an-cap theorists who haven't dabbled in the finer things, there are some extremely interesting legal/economic issues in this play.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:37 AM

    I'd like Shakespeare more if his writing wasn't so cliched - you know - to be or not to be blah blah blah - I mean how many times have we heard that before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness