Saturday, February 11, 2006

Okay I Finally Get It

For some time now I have thought Shakespeare was overrated. It's not that I thought he was terrible, just overrated. But I at least had the humility to defer to people like Joseph Sobran whom I greatly respect; as with poetry, I conceded that I "just don't get it."

But now that we've watched Merchant of Venice with an absolutely fantastic performance by Al Pacino as Shylock, I get it. Shakespeare is the man.

(Incidentally, for an-cap theorists who haven't dabbled in the finer things, there are some extremely interesting legal/economic issues in this play.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:37 AM

    I'd like Shakespeare more if his writing wasn't so cliched - you know - to be or not to be blah blah blah - I mean how many times have we heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:42 AM

    we suppy silkroad gold in low price.
    sro gold
    silkroad online goldwe have regualar customer service.
    silk road gold
    cheap silkroad gold

    ReplyDelete

An orgy

“The advancement of science and the rationality of politics are interwoven in a social process that, in the perspective of a more distant f...