Two Men Enter, 1.5 Men Leave

(Incidentally, I use the Mad Max reference a lot, so here it is in case you were up at night trying to figure it out.)

Gene and I were inspired by Steve Jobs to contribute to the economy, er, lose weight. Here is our arrangement as I understand it (subject to correction from Gene):

* The weight-loss period runs from 1/5/09 through 5/31/09. If I'm going to be on national TV promoting my new book, I want to look dead sexy.

* Since I have a large advantage, I am handicapping myself. I will pay Gene $5 for every pound he loses, whereas he will pay me only $4 for every pound I lose.

* As of the wee hours this morning, I tipped the scales at 222 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. (I know, you're wondering where I put it all, but remember that muscle weighs more than fat.)

We will update readers periodically. Obviously we have to rely on the honor system for the weigh-ins.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    How much does Gene way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too much, obviously!

    But my guess from their pricing is the Gene is trying to lose less muscle than Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I couldn't help it. I clicked on the Wow gold and yes, it's World of Warcraft.

    I was tempted to buy it but I used all my spare cash in a foolproof bank transfer scheme involving 3 Nigerians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:27 AM

    Bob and Gene,

    Good luck! I've lost 37 lbs since the summer and most of that since December 15. Feels good, really good, so I wish you the best.

    By the way, a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob,

    Can you hum the Happy Birthday song? If so, I think you can beat Callahan. I'm sure he doesn't know about this. From today's WSJ (http://tinyurl.com/7xtt87):

    "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna. $22.95
    The pitch: "You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as you fully enjoy every single mouthful."
    The program: Like many mindful eating plans, Mr. McKenna (the "Dr. Phil of the United Kingdom") suggests learning to rate your hunger on a scale of 1 to 10. Eat when you're between 3 and 4, stop when you get to 6 or 7. Eat only what you like and eliminate all distractions. A "powerful hypnosis CD" sinks the message into your subconscious.
    What's peculiar: To zap cravings, tap 10 times on various body parts and hum "Happy Birthday" until the urge disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weigh back when, I used to way 160. Now it's about 200.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will cheer on both the right jolly one and He Who Looms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, I finally did my official weigh-in: 199.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness