Is There Something Odd About My Visual Field?

I ran across this image and was really puzzled by what was supposed to be freaking me out. My problem was that the "scary" bit was the very first thing I noticed in the picture, even before I saw the red circle. But all sorts of people reported that the picture freaked them out when, after some time, the scary thing suddenly jumped out at them.

I also seem to notice things to the side of a car I'm in much more frequently than others with whom I'm riding. (Animals in the grassy verge or woods, for instance.) Do I have (suffer from?) peripherally directed vision? Is there such a thing?

Comments

  1. I'm not even making a joke, I don't know what it supposed to be scary in this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness