I Love the Environment!

Without, I'd be contextless, a mere abstraction! I'm all down with ecological concern. I compost. I keep live worms in my basement. I don't even kill bugs unless they try to eat bits of me. But I had to laugh the other day when I heard a Mom in a cafe badgering her 10-year-old daughter about how much water she used in the shower. The northeast has received almost a year's worth of rain in the last two months. Milford, PA has now passed 32 inches for August and September combined, and it is still raining. Every possible place the water might hang around is filled and over-filled. So if this girl takes a long shower, the water will go down the drain and out to the ocean. And if she takes no showers at all, the water will flow down a river and out to the ocean. Let the poor kid enjoy her showers!

Comments

  1. There are poor people in Texas who would love to have that water. But you and Rick Perry don't want to give it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 AM

    "you and Rick Perry don't want to give it to them."

    I think you mean sell it to them. My share of that water can flow straight to the sea, thank you very much. I'm involved with an endangered species futures trading scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness