Correction?

"Après le déluge, c’est moi." Isn't that supposed to be in Italian??

Comments

  1. Yes, it is. Corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. French: "Après moi, le déluge"; Italian: "Dopo di me, il diluvio". That means, in other words: after I have gone everything can collapse but I don't give a damn. I won't be there. It will be the task of future generations to put things right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but wait, it now says the opposite of what I meant to say! I was making a joke: it had just flooded at my house, and afterwards all that was left was me. Ah, chuck it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene, sometimes people don't mean what they say and don't say what they mean. All the best for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Irresponsible One: When was the last time (if in fact time so long ago is expressible) that you blubbered to God, pleading with Him to spare your house? See? I tole ya so!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness