Noetic consciousness

One of my upset Christian readers was a little bit dismissive of my use of the phrase "noetic consciousness." But Paul himself uses such terminology, saying things like "we... have the nous of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16).

Just prior to that, Paul offers about as clear a statement of what I mean by "noetic consciousness" as I could hope for: "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

Comments

  1. "One of my upset Christian readers…"

    Are deists Christians? (Not that I am a deist, though have called myself one at times along with "nominally Catholic".)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness