What About You Go Work for Some Group You Agree with?

Poor Alana Shultz: she apparently went to work for a synagogue that teaches members not to have sex before marriage, had sex before marriage, got pregnant, got fired, and is now suing the synagogue.

Hey, maybe I can work for AA and go in to work smelling of gin every day? Work for Geisinger Health System and smoke cigarettes, even in my own home? As Geisinger rep Marcy Marshall says, "We're not denying smokers their right to tobacco products. We're just choosing not to hire them."

So why can't the synagogue just "choose not to employ" people who have sex before marriage? Because discrimination against smokers is actively encouraged by our elite class, while discrimination against almost any form of sexual activity is now legally forbidden.

Comments

  1. +1

    But you missed the big question. Did she smoke after this sex?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We're not denying smokers their right to tobacco products. We're just choosing not to hire them."

    I don't buy that for a second. But God damn, the slipperiness of language here is bothering me. I support forbidding employers from forcing their employees to give them access to their online accounts, but some say that that is actually "forcing them to hire people". I used to think that it is nonsense, but now I'm not so sure. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness