NPR Interviewee Discusses Diminishing Marginal Utility

On NPR there was a "sweet" story of a guy interviewing his mom, who had been a flight attendant for Delta in the 1950s. (Picture her talking in a really thick Southern accent.) He asked her how she got the job, etc., and then the interview ended like this:

Mom: Now, every time I see a plane, I still wish I were on it, going somewhere exciting.

Son: So what made you give it up?

Mom: Oh, getting married and having a family. And that's not something I had planned on, I'll tell you. But you know I wouldn't have given up the four of you kids for a million dollars. I wouldn't have given a nickel for another one of ya, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In ancapistan, if you have no property, you have no rights

If Fractional Reserve Banking Is Fraudulent, Then So Is...

St. Paul and I Agree...