Online Advertising: Getting There

I heard on the news today that Google is promising that soon they will be able to display an ad for a business on a web page only if the viewer is within a certain distance of the business and the business is open.

Well, they certainly are getting pretty good at targeting their audience. Again and again, I am seeing an ad for a particular book that is exactly in my area of interest. Pretty impressive.

But they still have a ways to go: They haven't yet worked out that I wrote the book in question, and don't really need to order it from Amazon.

Comments

  1. Well, Amazon regularly sends me an ad of... my own books!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness