A Wise Man's Life

"The latter part of a wise man's life is taken up in curing the follies, prejudices, and false opinions he had contracted in the former." -- Jonathan Swift

And the same goes for my life!


  1. Wow, rob, you have learned nothing in your time away, huh?

    1. It just seemed such an obvious joke I couldn't resist.

      You don't think this post was the least bit pompous ?

    2. Rob, your animosity caused you to miss my joke: "And the same goes for my life!"

      In other words, this happens with wise men, and ALSO WITH ME.

    3. Oops. Yes, I totally missed the joke.

      BTW: My initial comment wasn't driven by animosity just by a (mistaken) attempt to be humorous.

    4. Ok, cool. Welcome back.

  2. That's an interesting counterpart to the beginning of the famous poem Rabbi Ben Ezra:

    "Grow old along with me!
    The best is yet to be,
    The last of life, for which the first was made:
    Our times are in His hand
    Who saith "A whole I planned,
    Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!''"

  3. So Gene, does that mean in the third half you'll embrace atheism? ��

    Merry Christmas!