While waiting for my friend Sandy at a bagel shop, I bought some tea that came in a plastic container and sat down to drink it. As I did so, I read the lable. A note at the top said, "Container is not microwave safe." Another, at the bottom, said, "Caution: Contents may be hot!"
Well, sure, I guess they could be hot. For instance, if you found the container on the sunny side of the surface of Mercury, they almost certainly would be hot. But really, does every product now need to warn of all possible hazards associated with it?
"Caution: This chair may be coated with flesh-eating bacteria."
"Caution: This newspaper may be sprinkled with powdered Anthrax."