I decided to move some discussion from this post up to the top level here. Specifically, Watoosh wrote: "Well, if violence is defined as initiation of force (which, of course, presupposes certain property rights), then I think Rockwell is correct..." Well, if we define cats as elephants, then many people keep elephants in their house. More seriously, firstly, violence is not usually defined that way. It's defined as, you know, violence, so that, say, someone may respond violently or non-violently to someone who aggresses against them. Otherwise, it would make no sense to say, for instance, "He punched me, but I did not stoop to violence in response." And, secondly, the libertarian usage of "initiation of force" is very offbeat. If I wander onto someone's meadow, most people would not say I had "initiated force" -- I mean, sure, I used "force" against the earth to push off walking, but that's not force directed against...
Yes, Gene, I can. And you know I can... let me hint at it. Think plenty of trees. Think plenty of thoughts. Think grammar and shelving and spelling.
ReplyDeleteYup. That's what it is.
a penis, a great big penis?
ReplyDeleteGreat article! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks for interesting article.
ReplyDeleteExcellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!
ReplyDeletejudging from the florecent lights a library lol
ReplyDeleteoh and lets not forget the BOOK SHELVES at the bottom corner XD
ReplyDeleteYesterday, my boyfriend gave me a lot of FFXI Giland he told me that the FFXI gold is useful for me to go into the net game. At the same time, the Final Fantasy XI gold is the gift for my birthday and I will buy FFXI Gil to thank him because the cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold is not free for him.
ReplyDelete