Overheard at the Post Office

The guy ahead of me (I think he was trying to flirt with the employee, but I'm not sure) asked why they didn't have tax forms, and she explained that the government didn't send them to that branch this year, and then it came up that the Post Office wasn't really part of the government, even though most people think it is.

The guy started going on and on about how that was great, and that he was so impressed that the Post Office could be independent and not need tax dollars. He even said something like, "I wish I could make enough money to pay all my bills, heh heh."

Don't worry, I didn't exclaim, "Do you think you could make ends meet if you enjoyed a government-granted monopoly?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness