Puck You All

My first novel, PUCK, will be published soon. I just received the publisher's comments on my manuscript, and I share some excerpts to whet your appetite:

"The manuscript is a unique blend of the writing styles of William Shakespeare (without the Old English, of course) and the later works of James Joyce. The author takes a post-modern approach to the classic Joyce novel Finnegan’s Wake.

"This is the kind of classic work that would require a semester’s worth of study at a University... just as James Joyce 'put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries.'

"Lovers of modern and postmodern literature will enjoy this book immensely.

"I suspect that each time the reader reads this manuscript, new subtleties and nuances will appear. This is 'classic literature'... [It is] a complex expression of [the author's] worldview that rivals the greats."

Comments

  1. That's great Gene! (Umm, are those comments real?) Any news on your 2nd novel, Slithead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 AM

    uh, ehm, the bard wrote in modern English,
    not old or even middle english. But I'm
    sure Puck will just as juicy to read...
    How do I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Great news!

    Jim H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:23 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:58 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! Other than that (and that) I'm speechless. I am without speech.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A conundrum, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob,

    PUCK will be available on Amazon. Of course you're right about Bill -- I think what she wanted to say was older English.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bob,

    My second novel is named A Song of the Past. The filthy references are only a small part of the meaning of the title PUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Applause! Applause! Gene

    Let us know when we can pre-order from Amazon. I've never actually owned a signed first-edition of a classic, so make it come true!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:09 AM

    Great article! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:11 AM

    Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:11 AM

    Thanks for interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Thank You! Very interesting article. Do you can write anything else about it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:22 AM

    Very interesting site. Blog is very good. I am happy that I think the same!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness