Sunday, September 30, 2007

Helping a Student Through Mockery

I saw a "stay-in-school' billboard yesterday reading "I'm going to graduate because they don't think I can," underneath a picture of a male teen. So, if it wasn't for those people denigrating his abilities, he would drop out. So, they're actually helping him. And if there's a student whose abilities you've been knocking, and you've been thinking of stopping, think again -- your cruel words may be the only thing keeping him on the road to a degree!

4 comments:

  1. "I don't smoke pot because...I don't have to."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woody8:27 PM

    I recall Gene's comments on a anti-drug poster many years ago. There was a photo of a young person, head in hands, obviously unable to study, with booze, drugs and stuff surrounding him. The message: "School is hard enough, why make it harder?" Gene's pro-drug retort: "School is easy, why not make it a challenge?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prime ambition--after I become dictator of the universe (or at least of the galaxy)--is to pronounce the death penalty for any artistic creation, and then to see that the proscription is rigidly enforced without mercy. So shall I be remembered for all time as having reigned over a golden age of artistic creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:38 AM

    Welcome to our game world, flyff penya , flyff money , flyff gold , buy flyff penya and cheap penya , they are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Zeno for the computer age

If you wish to better understand Zeno's worry about the continuum, you could do worse than to consider loops in software. Case 1: You...