Gmail

Has anyone else noticed that Gmail has been on the fritz lately? About a week ago it would get stuck in this endless loop, where it kept trying to refresh my inbox page. It lasted a long time, I think at least four hours. I couldn't believe Google let people go that long without being able to check their email. I bet that caused a TON of explicitly monetary consequences. (E.g. a guy is going to a meeting but left the address in his email.)

Anyway, it's doing this again today. I haven't been able to check my gmail for a good two hours and counting. Umm, that's kind of a big deal, when I evaluate a potential email host. Yeah, keeping track of each conversation is neat, but it's rather irrelevant if I need to plan for my email being inaccessible for hours at a time. Of course I have no options because Yahoo! has been unbelievably frustrating in the past six months as well.

Comments

  1. For what it is worth, I have had my Gmail open in Firefox 3 all day long, and haven't seen any problems with it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Bob,

    I'm not an expert, but that sounds like a virus poking around your email box.

    Open any unusual attachments lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I strongly recommend clicking on the "switch to older version" option, and bookmarking that version as the normal one to use so you don't have to remember to switch every time.

    On the new version of Gmail, whenever I tried to keep multiple tabs open in my Firefox browser, Gmail would pull me away from what I was doing and back to the Gmail tab, with a "script loading" popup or whatever, and I'd have to click on "continue" for it to let me alone till the next time I got a new email in my inbox. The old version doesn't do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:13 PM

    I have never had any problems with gmail. I've never tried it tabbed in Firefox, though. I run it as an app. with Prism.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness