Netflix recommendations are kind of weird

Because I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I might also want to watch a documentary on Hannah Arendt?!

There is also a strange lack of "self-awareness" on the part of the recommendation software: one of the "top picks" for me is the show Luther. But I have already seen every episode.

Then, just two lines down the screen, a new set of selections is offered "Because you watched Luther." So here the software knows I watched Luther? Why didn't it know this just a moment before?

Comments

  1. It's to throw you off, so you'll think software is fallible, glitchy, and sometimes clueless. That way you won't recognize how the NSA secretly controls everything you do. It's the same with Siri.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness