Remarks that leave one speechless

Every once in a while, someone says something so mind-bogglingly oblivious that I am left without a response. For some reason, one such remark is on my mind right now.

We were discussing artificial intelligence, and something came up about computers and emotions. One commentor posted the following:

'It is very easy to make a computer feel sad. Just put in this line of code:
print "I feel sad."'

He was being serious.

I suppose if we asked this person to solve the problem of making a computer smaller than an atom, he would say it is easy:

print "I am smaller than an atom."

Comments

  1. Don't! You won't be able to find it afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness