I decided to move some discussion from this post up to the top level here. Specifically, Watoosh wrote: "Well, if violence is defined as initiation of force (which, of course, presupposes certain property rights), then I think Rockwell is correct..." Well, if we define cats as elephants, then many people keep elephants in their house. More seriously, firstly, violence is not usually defined that way. It's defined as, you know, violence, so that, say, someone may respond violently or non-violently to someone who aggresses against them. Otherwise, it would make no sense to say, for instance, "He punched me, but I did not stoop to violence in response." And, secondly, the libertarian usage of "initiation of force" is very offbeat. If I wander onto someone's meadow, most people would not say I had "initiated force" -- I mean, sure, I used "force" against the earth to push off walking, but that's not force directed against...
whoa - he really wanted to ace that paper. are there any side effects to ritalin? although taken in a large enough quantity anything can have a side effect, i suppose.
ReplyDeleteI suppose insurance will not cover ritalin for such purposes...
i couldn't get my insurance company to cover a 10-day dosage of antibiotics because the specific antibiotic I was taking was only prepackaged for a three-day dosage (it was approved by the FDA as a three day treatment to treat upper respiratory infections). My doctor, however, was trying to treat an upper respiratory infection and Lyme disease so a 10-day dosage was necessary. No can do, said the insurance company. I had to fork over the difference. Yikes, no small change.