I decided to move some discussion from this post up to the top level here. Specifically, Watoosh wrote: "Well, if violence is defined as initiation of force (which, of course, presupposes certain property rights), then I think Rockwell is correct..." Well, if we define cats as elephants, then many people keep elephants in their house. More seriously, firstly, violence is not usually defined that way. It's defined as, you know, violence, so that, say, someone may respond violently or non-violently to someone who aggresses against them. Otherwise, it would make no sense to say, for instance, "He punched me, but I did not stoop to violence in response." And, secondly, the libertarian usage of "initiation of force" is very offbeat. If I wander onto someone's meadow, most people would not say I had "initiated force" -- I mean, sure, I used "force" against the earth to push off walking, but that's not force directed against...
Dear Gene,
ReplyDeleteSpeaking only for myself, but as someone who appreciates your humanity, please, please, do what you can in the future to avoid exposure to such corrosive drivel. Even a preview might permanently warp your brain.
Can I send you anything? Sympathy card, teddy bear, interweb hugs? It must be awful what you're going through.
Try, try to forget.
I'm afraid that the exposure to the stupidity singularity of even this preview has unalterably corrupted my being.
ReplyDeleteI actually paid $9.50 to watch the Zohan movie a few days ago. At this point my favorite part of movies are the previews. You would think that I would learn to stop getting excited about previews to things that I don't like as much as the next set of previews.
ReplyDeleteNo, Bob, given your enthusiasm for the "Ron Paul preview," we wouldn't think that at all.
ReplyDelete