A Reader Request

Antiahithopel asked if I could post some of the books I have found to be "most enlightening." OK, I'm going to give this a whirl, although it's a rather off-the-cuff effort, and I'm sure I've missed many items I shouldn't have:

After Virtue, Alasdair MacIntyre
Whose Justice, Which Rationality?, MacIntyre
The Sources of the Self, Charles Taylor
The Idea of History, R.G. Collingwood
The Idea of Nature, Collingwood
Experience and Its Modes, Michael Oakeshott
Rationalism in Politics, Oakeshott
On Human Conduct, Oakeshott
The New Science of Politics, Eric Voegelin
A Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge, George Berkeley
The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkein
The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco
Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, Chogyam Trungpa
Science and the Modern World, Alfred North Whitehead
Language and Myth, Ernst Cassirer
Personal Knowledge, Michael Polanyi
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, Thomas Kuhn
The Fatal Conceit, FA Hayek
Politics, Aristotle
The Nichomachean Ethics, Aristotle
Philosophy in a New Key, Suzanne Langer
Finnegans Wake, James Joyce
The Tao Te Ching, Lao Tsu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness