Libertarians, My Libertarians!

Cruel to be kind means that I love you. Because, while I think you are mistaken, your hearts are in the right place -- yes, even you, Silas -- unlike some people.

This Breitbart fellow (discussed in the link above), by all appearances, deliberately doctored a video of Shirley Sherrod to make her remarks appear virulently racist, when they had, in fact, the opposite import.

I heard that at a recent Austrian conference, some folks were talking about "Callahan's conservative turn." While that description is not entirely inaccurate, I must say that a lot of these people who today call themselves conservative give me the heebie-jeebies.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    After that happened, I was sure that my favorite conservative sites would stop linking to Breitbart's personal content, maybe even the whole network of sites that he runs. Boy, was I wrong. So now, they too are tainted with his corruption.

    This kind of thing hurts conservatives more than they know. Dan Rather lost his job for less, and rightly so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Whatever I vaguely know about the Breitbart issue, I am guessing that Breitbart is not so much a racist as he is something worse:

    A race-baiter.

    He probably does not have any antagonism for black Americans, but rather has a preference for stirring up a controversy to and demonize certain people to put himself in the limelight.

    And it worked. The so-called "liberal" media in the US seems to have invited this man frequently on national television.

    The truth is that it is not about politics. It is about the media and the unethical business of it. Breitbart is probably neither a "conservative" or a "liberal". He is one of the people who helped establish Huffington Post, for god's sake! He just simply took a "conservative" stand to get one market share, while his good friend Arianna Huffington took a "progressive" stand to get another market share. After all, Breitbart's Greek lady friend was once a part of the pro-Republican media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Prateek, that Sherrod is incorrect to say his attack was racist. If she had been any hated liberal democrat and he had found a way to get at her, he would have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that CNN story a year old, or is that a typo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Is that CNN story a year old, or is that a typo?"

    Yeah, wanna know how that happened? I was painting a bedroom. Which always leads me to read the papers I am using as drop cloths.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness