Anybody want to chat?

We finished our workweek of nine two-hour sessions discussing the history of political economy, plus shorter lunch sessions on teaching micro and several hundred pages of reading. I sat in the dorm's living room, watching sheets of water fall from the sky. I was hungry and wanted to go eat, but I have no car here, and it was raining far too much to walk anywhere. Nothing much was on the TV, so I started going through my "favorites" list on my phone to see who was available to chat. Finally, I tried all of my favorites except one. But I hesitated to call that number: Would Arecibo Car Service really want to discuss the weather in North Carolina with me?

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    I'd chat with you, Gene. Though I must warn you, I am not nearly as mature in conversation as I appear to be in written form.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness