Orson Scott Canard

He gained fame by writing a novel arguing that tricking children into committing genocide could be a good thing. But apparently over time he has become even more unhinged: he now believes Obama is preparing to train a military police force of minorities who will assault anyone who disagrees with his policies.

But this one really got me: "There are still people... who believe that Richard III murdered his nephews..."

Yes, Orson, and those people are called "historians."And just why do these nasty historians believe this? "That's because politically useful lies are treasures, not to be easily given up by those who benefit from them."

Ah, it's all the people who "benefit" today from smearing Richard III who are selling us these "lies." Like... like...

Comments

  1. I'm done following your links. Where do you find these people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'd characterize Ender's Game as "a novel arguing that tricking children into committing genocide could be a good thing."

    I thought it was a bang-up anti-war novel -- even though it was the first book on the US Marine Corps' "professional development" reading list for enlisted men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I don't know much about the guy or his novels (I haven't read fiction in quite a while). However, he did give a disclaimer on the second link. Well, it was more of an admission that, "I don't know anything about these subjects ... but it's fiction, so I don't have to".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the very powerful anti-Richard III lobby has obviously bullied you into silence. Wake up Gene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the very powerful anti-Richard III lobby has obviously bullied you into silence like so many other poor souls. Wake up Gene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness