News

Loading...

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Only for readers over 18

Kids, don't try this. But for those with the legal authority to make life-altering decisions:

I have had a cold for a good two weeks now; it's really annoying. Anyway, I mentioned to my wife that I have a hard time swallowing big pills, and that I chicken out and have to hold the NyQuil gelcap in my mouth for a few seconds while I build up the courage to swallow it. She asked, "Aren't you worried it will start to dissolve in your mouth?" and I scoffed.

Well one thing led to another, and before you know it she has out her cell phone to act as a stopwatch while I hold a NyQuil in my mouth with some water. After 7 minutes I decided just to bite the thing to see how bad it was.

I kid you not, it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. You know how if you take an aspirin or something with a chipped edge, you can taste it and it's a bit gross? That is like a shower compared to a fire hose, when you try my NyQuil experiment.

Incidentally, if you are now curious, I think it's important to hold it in your mouth for a few minutes. The warmth of the contents made it that much more disgusting. I actually thought for a second that there was some chemical reaction and it was eating away my tongue.

Go ahead and guffaw at this blog post; your scorn doesn't bother me, after I have lived through the horrors of tongue-to-NyQuil-gelcap-interior contact. The next time you have to take a NyQuil gelcap, go ahead and do the experiment. You won't believe how disgusting it tastes.

5 comments:

  1. I live for nothing more than to plumb deeper declivities of disgusting tastes--it is my life. Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I can't decide if you are mocking me. Ah well. Try the noxious NyQuil if you dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't need no stinkin' nyquil.

    I thoroughly enjoy a glass of cold vodka. I have also enjoyed many a hot toddy when "illin'."

    Hope you feel better, but I'll pass on that medicinal goop, there's plenty of swell tasting stuff that produces the same or better results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Wabulon is dead serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you haveAtlantica online Gold,you can get more
    Atlantica Gold,it is decide to
    buy Atlantica online Gold,you can brush
    cheap Atlantica online Gold,finally,you can gave
    Atlantica online money to others.

    ReplyDelete