Question for the Old Timers

I realize this may sound terribly naive, but is this bailout episode fairly unusual? I can't remember another time during my life when the public was really opposed to something, and the feds just went ahead and did it anyway. Up till now, I really couldn't "see" the government actually implementing counterinsurgency against Americans, but now I can.

Can some of you old timers enlighten me? To clarify my position, I know there were riots during the Viet Nam era etc. But it wasn't as if the public wanted out of there 90-10, right?

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:04 AM

    Bob,

    I wouldn't consider myself an old-timer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night and I think you are right.The opposition to the bill across the country was quite remarkable and Congress just ignored that.Even both presidential candidates supported the bills. You would think that one of them would have opposed to pick up a few votes.

    The power of the Oligarchs. It is not a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the famous "Holiday Inn Express" barometer of government treachery. I believe Aristotle devoted a chapter to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:26 PM

    You young whipper-snappers probably would not remember, but way back in 2007 there was this immigration bill that a lot of people were opposed to. Congress was going to pass it, but they got flooded with objections. They scrapped it. One senator claimed that he "got the message", though the jury is still out.

    Technically, this does not meet your criterion since Congress did not pass the bill. But it shows they are not above trying to sneak something past the people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness