The underground economy

So, I spent the last several days in New York City, visiting my daughter. Every time we would go out for a cab, she would just hold her arm up.

I asked her, "Why don't you put your arm down until you see an actual cab coming?"

She said, "Then I would miss the gypsy cabs!" (Of course, she says it with the tone of a typical 20 year old who thinks her mother MUST be a moron, which in this case I was.)

"What is a gypsy cab? What does a gypsy cab look like?"

"Like a car! It can be black, red, green, any color."

"How do you know they aren't psychopaths looking to murder someone??!!"

At this point, I am really thinking that she thinks I am totally nuts.

"Mom, there are more gypsy cabs than real cabs on the street."

"You mean anyone can just call their car a cab?"

"Yes, isn't it great?" she asks.

I had to agree, it was great. Love the market!

We never had a problem with psychopathic gypsy cabbies, either. Although it wouldn't be easy to murder my daughter when her mother is with her. I wouldn't stand for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In ancapistan, if you have no property, you have no rights

If Fractional Reserve Banking Is Fraudulent, Then So Is...

St. Paul and I Agree...