Trump Wants to Handicap His Competitors

Ethical guru and all-around nice guy Donald Trump today called for government measures to penalize oil companies. His reason? They are making too much money. His exact words:

I consider myself to be a great capitalist, but I think the oil companies have been ripping off this country and the world for a long time...I can see doing something against the oil companies. They're making numbers--nobody's ever seen numbers like this. They and OPEC and lots of people together are having a lot of fun.

Trump also explained that he was using the depression in real estate to snatch up properties that would have been "absolutely impossible to buy" just a few years ago. What a guy. I hope in so doing he doesn't have a lot of fun or make numbers that no one will ever have seen before.

But even if he does, he won't need to worry about this fan of capitalism saying the government should take his profits. I might suggest he do something about his hair though. Just admit you're balding, Donald. I did it (in high school), and so can you.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:03 PM

    alright, point conceded. For Donald Trump to say that consitutes an example of Kirznerian surprise to me.

    Or, as I put it, "You can't make this stuff up."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you mean, for Donald_Trump?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Don't be ridiculous, Bob_Murphy. "Donald Trump" never appeared as a handle for a blog poster or article author, so the software didn't ever recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What software? Troll 3.0?

    (Thanks folks, I'm here all week.)

    BTW Silas I know I asked you on another thread about the underscoring but I can't remember where. In any event I never saw your answer if you gave one over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 AM

    I don't remember that. But as another hint, check the comments on your Rush Limbaugh post...

    I will get a gold-plated "thank you for correcting me, which is supposedly what scientists like" from Richard_Dawkins, I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness