Friday, June 07, 2013

Anybody want to chat?

We finished our workweek of nine two-hour sessions discussing the history of political economy, plus shorter lunch sessions on teaching micro and several hundred pages of reading. I sat in the dorm's living room, watching sheets of water fall from the sky. I was hungry and wanted to go eat, but I have no car here, and it was raining far too much to walk anywhere. Nothing much was on the TV, so I started going through my "favorites" list on my phone to see who was available to chat. Finally, I tried all of my favorites except one. But I hesitated to call that number: Would Arecibo Car Service really want to discuss the weather in North Carolina with me?

1 comment:

  1. I'd chat with you, Gene. Though I must warn you, I am not nearly as mature in conversation as I appear to be in written form.

    ReplyDelete

Zeno for the computer age

If you wish to better understand Zeno's worry about the continuum, you could do worse than to consider loops in software. Case 1: You...