Firefox: Going to hell in a handbasket?

I alternate between Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. They all have advantages and disadvantages. But one particular Firefox advantage is that it is the only browser in which is Zotero runs, and Zotero is a great add-on for anyone who publishes in academic journals.

Which is why I am extremely distressed that Firefox seems currently to be "biting the big one": it crashes on my Windows machine at work every hour or so, and now seems to be crashing on my Macs at home frequently as well.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is Firefox suddenly having extreme quality-control problems?

Comments

  1. It works fine for me on Windows and Linux, so I can't really offer you any advice.

    I know you've probably done this already, but note when it crashes and try searching about that situation online.

    Makes sure your plugins aren't out-of-date. The Microsoft Silverlight plugin installer causes Firefox to crash for me, though the plugin itself doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Firefox is doing well for me - I'm actually having problems with Chrome lagging instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Firefox exclusively, but then it became unbearable and so I switched to Chrome. It would just freeze up on me (I use a MacBook).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Zotero works as a standalone with connectors with Chrome and Safari
    http://www.zotero.org/download/
    so that's no reason to use Firefox. I've never had any trouble with Firefox and I appreciate its greater flexibility and the fact that it has much better development tools than any other browser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firefox would crash on me whenever I went to bookmarks (on an Android phone). I use Opera now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness