Woolworths Pulls "Lolita" Bed for Young Girls

My wife tipped me off to this story:

A chain of retail stores in Britain has withdrawn the sale of beds named Lolita and designed for six-year-old girls after furious parents pointed out that the name was synonymous with sexually active pre-teens...

"What seems to have happened is the staff who run the website had never heard of Lolita, and to be honest no one else here had either," a spokesman told British newspapers.

"We had to look it up on (online encyclopedia) Wikipedia. But we certainly know who she is now."

In a related story, the Pentagon quickly canceled its planned $18 million purchase of Radio Shack's "Big Brother" line of infrared goggles. A spokeswoman told reporters yesterday that they had never heard of the novel by George Orwell containing the phrase.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:15 AM

    I like to buy shadow of legend Gold to play the game. When I have time, I always go with my brother to make shadow of legend Gold, which make us very happy. We make cheap shadow of legend Gold to upgrade and to play the game. But sometimes we run out of shadow of legend Gold money quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness