News

Loading...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Farce of Customer Service

I called my insurance company yesterday because their website didn't sort local providers according to whether they were independent or part of a larger practice. After I told her what I wanted, the lady put me on hold for a minute or so and then came back. She gave me 3 doctors, then added that she couldn't tell if they satisfied the criterion. She mentioned that if I wanted to see other names besides the 3, that I could try their website.

"Oh, well I already tried the website before calling you guys," I explained. "But it didn't list the information I needed."

"Well, all I have access to here is what's on the website," she said. After I said I had no further questions, she asked, "Thank you Mr. Murphy, have I addressed all of your insurance needs today?"

Isn't that absurd? She knew full well that she didn't help me with the one thing I had called about.

What's even more ridiculous is that I said, "Yes."

2 comments:

  1. Indeed that's absurd, but are you by any chance a Verizon Wireless customer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44 AM

    We talk that we are often attracted by the 2moons dil,today we meet again and now we are chatting the 2moons gold,we want to earn more and more 2moon dil and then we can go to buy 2moons dil and we can also get some cheap 2moons gold as the rewards for us.

    ReplyDelete