I decided to move some discussion from this post up to the top level here. Specifically, Watoosh wrote: "Well, if violence is defined as initiation of force (which, of course, presupposes certain property rights), then I think Rockwell is correct..." Well, if we define cats as elephants, then many people keep elephants in their house. More seriously, firstly, violence is not usually defined that way. It's defined as, you know, violence, so that, say, someone may respond violently or non-violently to someone who aggresses against them. Otherwise, it would make no sense to say, for instance, "He punched me, but I did not stoop to violence in response." And, secondly, the libertarian usage of "initiation of force" is very offbeat. If I wander onto someone's meadow, most people would not say I had "initiated force" -- I mean, sure, I used "force" against the earth to push off walking, but that's not force directed against...
That's neat. I don't think I've ever been to those. I went to the Summer Session on Austrian Economics a while ago, but that seems different from these two things.
ReplyDeleteI very much want to hear you, but I am afraid that I shall still be in CA during your lectures. Therefore, would you please speak VERY LOUDLY. I'll be listening.
ReplyDeleteGene,
ReplyDeleteWasn't Leonard Read some kind of cult leader? I met Read and thought he was a very skilled verbal manipulator. My impression: Every word he uttered was thought out for manipulative purposes.
In fact, during a lecture he gave he told us how he attempted to bring conversations around to freedom. Even the strategy he employed, when striking up a conversation with the person next to him while flying first clsss. Read would put the Rockwell/Paul cult leaders to shame.
Shouldn't you speak out about this?
Sometimes, we have no ability to do what we want to do, requiem gold is a good choice for you, in here, you can make a decision on whether to buy requiem lant, no one will stop you, and you will feel happy towards requiem money. Do not know if you will agree what I say about cheap requiem lant, but it all does not matter, I just need your requiem online gold support. So, come on!
ReplyDelete