That's Not Fair!

My college e-mails me all sorts of important news every day. For instance, just last week I learned the rust had been flushed from the campus fire hydrants. What a relief getting that e-mail provided!

Today, I received this:

"When the weather cleared a bit, the winner of the both the men's 8K and the women's 5K was the United States Merchant Marine Academy. USMMA captured the first 12 finishers on the men's side..."

If these marines are allowed to actually capture racers, of course they will win!



Comments

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    I'm surprised that a merchant marine could win any race of speed, what with all of that gold and bling weighing them down.

    (every MM that I've ever known had enough jewelry on them to open a decent-sized pawn shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all seriousness, i don't think i've ever heard a racing result that lopsided: one team took the top 12 places!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:10 PM

      Honestly, I don't think that I have, either. I'm not that big into cross country, but I know enough to see that that is quite a beating. I've seen something similar happen in cycling, but that is usually because the team will form a peloton to deal with wind resistance (which is quite a bitch), so they all tend to finish right next to each other. That isn't the top 12 finishes, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness