Why does Blogger work so badly from an iPhone?

I have sometimes posted before as to how puzzled I am that blogger websites work so, so poorly from an iPhone. (I just wrote three paragraphs of response to a blog post, and had blogger wipe them all out by crashing.) I wondered, "With all Google's resources, why can't they make this software work better with the most popular smartphone?"

But this morning, I had a sudden realization: Google has its own smart phone platform, doesn't it? I now strongly suspect that Google does not want its other software ventures to work well with the iPhone. It is not in a position to make them totally incompatible, but it can leave them buggy enough that you'll keep wishing you were using some other phone.

3 comments:

  1. One more reason to go with wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger is pretty awful from an Android phone, too. But you do know that there's a Blogger app you are supposed to use, right? Slightly better, but still terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use BlogPress, which is better than the app from Google.

      Delete