Friday, July 06, 2012

The Internet Is Such a Strange Place

Our friend Jim Henley posts a comment at one blog, and it becomes essentially a guest post at Brad DeLong's blog. It's a good comment, by the way, but what really struck me is how strange the blogosphere is: it's as though you wrote a letter to the editor of a paper one day, and the next day it is a feature article in another paper.

PS: By the way, is there a busier person out there than DeLong? I sometimes agree with him, sometimes sharply disagree, but I can't help but admire his energy. After all, he has a full-time academic job, and yet all I have to do is mention his name in this little by-water of the great blog sea, and he shows up here five minutes later ordering me to use the strike-through tag on my whole post!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the (probably unintentionally) thuggish tone Dr. DeLong used in his comments around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, Gabe, *that* remark is sure to prompt an order of a strike-through!

      Delete
    2. I think Brad would kind enjoy it if someone accused him of "Chicago-style blog-thuggery."

      Delete
  2. Energy without ability is a dangerous thing. Like Judge Posner, DeLong has far more of the former than the latter; and he does not serve his readers well by passing on drivel like this.

    ReplyDelete

Zeno for the computer age

If you wish to better understand Zeno's worry about the continuum, you could do worse than to consider loops in software. Case 1: You...