The Delegate Strategy

In Virginia, the state where Ron Paul did his very best in the popular vote, Romney won the delegate race 43 to 3. These are pledged delegates.

Only a handful of states permit the kind of manipulation at the district level that is allowing Paul to greatly exceed his popular vote totals in some places. The Paul campaign itself has said it hopes to pick up six states this way, none of them very large.

So that leaves him getting whomped in delegate count in 44 other states, by totals similar to the above. (For instance, in California, a winner-take-all state, he will lose 172-0.)

I will bet anyone who wants even money that Paul will lose to Romney by at least 500 delegates. Any takers? Say, for a thousand?

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Hey, did you just cut Murph out of the action? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give him the vigorish if anyone takes me up on this.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:12 AM

      Hey, I just learned something new and the day has just barely begun. All this time I never realized that "vig" was short for "vigorish". Thanks, Gene.

      Delete
  2. Nope. I think I'll keep my money and dignity. As much as I'd like to see a different outcome I think you are correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Samuel, it has nothing to do with liking Ron Paul or not! As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I love my daughter much more than Michael Phelps, but if she goes to race him in the 100 free, I'm putting all of my money on him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness