Worst Attempt at Selling Out Ever Made?

When I suggested that a probability of zero does not mean an event is impossible, and Bob Wenzel and his fans went into a fury attacking me for my Keynesianism, one of the oddest things said was that I had abandoned anarchism "for money." Well, if that's true, it's not working!I am presently doing three things for pay: teaching at a college where I was hired by... an anarchist, helping to edit a libertarian magazine, and tutoring Java programming. My abandoning anarchism has not, so far as I can tell, brought me in a bloody penny.

I'm going to have to find a more lucrative way to sell out.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:17 PM

    I guess that people find the fact that you just changed your mind philosophically just too far fetched. LOL

    Seriously, I do question my own beliefs all of the time. There are some things that I haven't found the definitive answer to, while others I've solved in my own way. I am never opposed to changing my own opinion, I've done it many times in the past and will probably do it many more in the future. That is what thinking people do, they change their mind when shown what they think to be a better solution. I certainly wasn't always a libertarian, and there is no guarantee that I always will be.

    If I only made friends with those that thought the way I think, I would be a very lonely person. As it is, I have many friends that I never agree with. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also ridiculed you for not having a job.

    I know! The probability of you getting money for your sell-out was zero, but not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. I think you have a bank account somewhere in the Carribean, receiving monthly paychecks from a top secret government bureau designed only to pay academics to support the state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pfft. You don't fool us, gubmint-lovin' backstabber! Everyone knows the dividends of such treachery are only evident after the quenching of the ancap revolution, when the Oceanian state rewards you with a comfy cubicle in the Ministry of Truth. And what is Java, anyway, if not some modern variant of Newspeak?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness