News

Loading...

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Does Anyone at Google Own an iPhone?

If so, have they ever used Blogger on it? Because it just works stunningly badly. Last night I tried fixing a post title from my phone. First of all, the "Edit" button itself is a very hit or miss affair: from my phone I find that well over half the time it simply does nothing. Well, this time, it kind of loaded my post for editing: the title came up, but the post body window was empty. "Surely just a display problem," I told myself. So I fixed the title and saved.

Nope, not just a display problem: the body of my post was wiped out. Crap like this happens all the time trying to use Blogger from a phone. Oh, and commenting is even worse: once you do anything other than type in the comment box (like, say, scrolling the screen) the comment box stops accepting input: you have to click on "Done" on the phone's interface, then put the cursor back in the comment box to enable typing again.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm on the iPad and it took me fifteen minutes to figure out how to comment on your post offering the Ron Paul bet. Also, trying to scroll down in a comment box is a dismal failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Google employees are all forced to use Android devices?

      Delete