Ever Have Trouble Leaving the Office?


I had a student who requested a meeting today. She was a couple of minutes late, and I had to use the gents, so I stuck a post-it on my door saying "Be right back." When I returned I took down the note, then thought, "Hmm, I might as well save this for future use: I'll just stick it on the inside of my door."



The trouble is that now the note is facing in at me, so every time I try to leave the office, I see it and think, "Oh, someone is coming right back here: perhaps I had better wait for them."


Comments

  1. I thought you were going to take it the other way, and say you were interpreting it as an imperative statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epimenedes door.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness