The Aimless Shepherd

I just watched The Good Shepherd, directed by Robert DeNiro. I have never seen a movie he directed before -- he apparently has only done one other, A Bronx Tale. I must say, this film was shot wonderfully, had great acting... and basically no plot. I literally spent the entire film thinking, 'OK, this is a really good, if long, set up for the real action, which is going to start any moment.' Bobby, Bobby -- if you're going to make a spy movie, it's a good idea to include a spy story in there somewhere!

The other unpleasant thing about the film was Eddie Redmayne, perhaps the most physically off-putting actor I have ever seen in a major movie. I felt nauseous every time he came on the screen and I had to look at his pouting, self-absorbed face again.

Comments

  1. Well I think there's plenty of plot. As a for instance, what is Edward Wilson's actual response to Ulysses's demand that Wilson work for Moscow. Is it the same as his spoken response? Show your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene, clearly you have never seen *me* in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:26 PM

    Thank you Gene. I thought I was alone. The star-power involved with the movie caused me to doubt myself.

    You coming out and saying it has allowed me to be the weasely follower I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness