Today Was a Good Day, I Must Say

...I didn't have to use my AK. (Oh come on, I lived in Bed-Stuy for a bit during grad school. I have to keep it real.)

After some last-minute edits, including a nice quote from Steve Forbes on the back cover, my flat tax study is now posted (.pdf) at PRI's website. I encourage even hardcore Rothbardians to glance through it, especially the first few chapters. I bet you will be surprised at the power of marginal tax rate reductions; I know I was.

But much better than the publication of my study--a culmination of about seven months of work--was my toddler finally going pee pee in the potty. Unfortunately I now know what the next lecture topic is for my son.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Besides Hicks and Mises who else has inspired you on Net Income and Capital Expenditures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the reporter asked me the same question (ba DUM).

    I think the single biggest influence was probably Hayek in his Pure Theory of Capital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then Pete Johnson, hedge fund mogul and possible superhero, also clarified my thinking on accounting concepts. But these insights were more relevant to interpreting oil company reports, where they have investment higher than net income in many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time believing even the hardest of gangsters uses an AK on a daily basis. Machine-gun fire is sure to draw the attention of even the most inefficient police department.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time believing even the hardest of gangsters uses an AK on a daily basis.

    Maybe Ice Cube has plenty of good days in a row?

    And I believe the preferred spelling is gangstas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your son more went pee near the toilet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness