Riddle CMXLVIII

How do you get a one-armed Polish tree-sitter out of the tree?

Comments

  1. Take away his cube root?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toss him a copy of Human Action?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I thought at first, but by your description I was picturing him sitting on a branch. After all, when I house-sit for someone, I don't hang from the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even sitting on a branch, a normal Polish person holds on for safety. Suddenly remove that hold, and he'll probably tip off.

    Having no access to Polish persons, I tried this with orangutans, letting them perch in trees and then blowing off an arm with a high-velocity bullet. They all fell off, though some succeeded in catching a lower branch with the remaining arm. When I blew that one off, they invariably fell to the ground, despite efforts to catch hold with their feet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness