Vegas Update #1

Here at the Harrah's hotel waiting for the annual APEE conference. Yesterday I walked away from the blackjack tables when I was down about 60% of my bankroll for the trip. I sat with the most annoying guy ever.

First, he was really slow in deciding what to do (like hit his 16 against the dealer face card). I'm not superstitious so I don't care if you "take" the dealer's bust card or anything like that. But if you're slow, that's just annoying.

Second, he was inconsistent in his dumb plays (so I guess that's a good thing). The best (worst) was when he split his kings against the dealer 7 or something, then got another king. Mercifully he stayed on that hand.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to sit at a $15 table and not be crowded. I had worried that the tables would be much pricier. (My first time in Vegas.)

Anyway, I was treading water and then the shoe was about +10 and I got crushed after five or six hands. Then later the final blows occurred when the shoe was around -10 and I kept getting things that I "had" to double down against the dealer 5 or 6, knowing full well I would get a 3 and the dealer wouldn't break. Ah well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In ancapistan, if you have no property, you have no rights

If Fractional Reserve Banking Is Fraudulent, Then So Is...

St. Paul and I Agree...