Late night fun

Just a story:

I finished playing with my mates at a reggae club in Bridgeport, CT, at about 1:30 in the morning. The place we were playing is on a street that is kind of busy at 6 PM, but very deserted at 1:30 AM. I packed up some of my gear and walked out of the club to put it in my car.

There was only one person anywhere to be seen: an Hispanic guy, standing in front of the club, looking a little "off." He hadn't been inside for the show, and there was nothing else left open in the area at that hour, so I have no idea why he was there. No cars were passing by, the club's patrons had gone home, and the rest of the band was still inside packing up.

In his hands was a canvas bag maybe three feet long but only a few inches in width.  He held it up as I got close to him, and said, "Hey, do you want to see my machete?"

I stopped walking and looked at him for a few seconds, my head tilted and my lips pursed to express my state of serious contemplation.

Finally, I said, "Thanks, but I think I'm OK."

"You sure?"

"Yes, but thanks very much anyway." I nodded to express my sincere appreciation for the offer.

I walked on to my car and put my bag of noisy things in the trunk. He walked on down the deserted street.

That's all.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness