Web Traffic Weirdness

Traffic has picked up a bit here. Wondering why, I've been looking at my stats in Blogger. The top five posts for the most recent month are:

What did the Indians know?
Apr 23, 2013

Agrarian Authoritarians
Apr 25, 2013

Avoid Weather Blasphemy!
Apr 25, 2013

What is going on with this plant?
Apr 23, 2013

That's an Ad Hominem Appeal to Authority!
Apr 21, 2013

Isn't this traffic pattern a little weird? All five of the most viewed posts from the past month are from within four days of each other, from over three years ago!
How could this happen? Each of the above posts has many hundreds of views in the past month! (I could get if two or three people shared some links how a few old posts could suddenly become a bit more active... but hundreds of hits?)

Comments

  1. Is it some sort of referral or comment spam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No comments coming in on those posts. Referral spam: hmm, why would they keep hitting the same posts from the same week?

      Delete
    2. Maybe the bot found one, and then just followed the "Newer Post" link a few times?

      Delete
    3. Lost your last comment; sorry! But I don't publish my referrer logs; what would the point of this spamming be?

      BTW< buying some of your prints soon.

      Delete
    4. I don't really know, but I have many entries in my referral logs from sites that promise to improve Google ranking, to make sites popular on social media, etc. Now, these sites obviously aren't actually linking to mine and, like you, I don't publish referral logs, so I assume they're targeting people who obsessively read their traffic logs and click through to see whatever sites are (supposedly) linking to theirs.

      As for prints: thank you! If you see something here that you'd like as a print but don't see for sale in the store, let me know and I'll be happy to add it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness