The persistence of error

My paper "Was Berkeley a Subjective Idealist?" documents some of the many claims that he was one, and also some of the many times the claim has been refuted. I hope to write a book exploring this topic in more depth one day. (I actually have a contract to write it, but I don't know if I can manage the time.)

Thony here documents a similar history of the notion that Johannes Kepler murdered Tycho Brahe, and notes this is far from the only "zombie error" like this in the history of science.

It seems that once errors like this begin to circulate, it is almost impossible to put them to rest once and for all.

Any ideas on how these "zombies" might be put to their final rest?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness