Making the Simple Difficult

I stand before a toilet, of the standard Anglo-American sort, but with the seat removed. (This removal eliminates the trouble of cleaning the seat, Luigi the American once explained to me at a bar in Florence.) I would like to flush it... but how? There is nothing in the room obviously connected to the toilet in any way. Finally I espy, on the wall to the right of the toilet, at about eye level, a large, menacing looking button, connected to a tube running up into the ceiling. It appears as though pressing it might launch an air strike against the enemies of Berlusconi, or something of the sort. With trepidation, I push it. (I'm an incurable yellow-button pusher.) The toilet flushes! (Perhaps I have also blown up Nichi Vendola's house. I will check the papers tomorrow.)

What is wrong with having a little handle on the side of the toilet?

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:50 PM

    When I was staying in Dubai for 2 weeks my hotel room in the Towers Rotana had a bidet, toilet, the best shower I have ever used in my life, and many other amenities. All knobs and buttons were well-placed. However, when you went out in the streets, a lot of the public restrooms were merely a hole in the ground with a water bucket (or trough) for washing up (no tp and no soap).

    I would much rather have to push a misplaced button than to ever have to put my hand in the mystery water to wash up, that's for sure. Let's just say that I had to buy a new pair of socks. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:45 PM

    I guess what I am getting at in my above statement is that simple isn't always good (at least not in my case).

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to throw a load of whites into the wash... haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness